Monday, February 25, 2008

Right Wing Radio Talk Show! A Theme Song

(originally posted Nov. 4, 2007 by Jill)


"Right Wing Radio Talk Show Theme Song" by COULTERGEIST. I discovered them one night at a TGIFs, after a Young Republican's convention

coultergeist: "right wing radio talk show theme song " (MP3,2:11)


I recently moved to LA – well, almost 2 years ago. One of the things I was dreading was driving again. I had been taking cabs and the subway for almost 15 years. The only one benefit of being stuck on the 101 during rush hour, I thought, could be all the free time to listen to music. So I bought an iPod gadget for the car and great speakers

However, as soon as I accidentally pushed on the AM button, I was transfixed.

Who was this goofball talking about the sanctity of marriage? And when I turned the dial, there was someone hatefully calling someone else a liberal. When did that become a bad word? Everywhere I went, it was some right wing-talk show host ranting about immigrant rapists, the gay agenda or Rosie.

There’s Sean Hannity, Michael Medved, Dennis Prager, Rush, Bill O' Reilly, and my favorite, Paul McGuire – who on 740 (Christian talk) believes that the Rapture is coming any day

My friends ask me, "how can you stand it?" I say, you have to know your enemy.

There is Air America, but I sometimes think they try to imitate the show biz combative style of the right. And somehow the right does it more entertainingly.

Lately, I’ve been trying to curb my addiction and have tried switching to FM. But what dreck! Other than KCRW (at times), and some of the other stations way to the left of the dial late at night, there’s nothing good

Just an excuse to turn back on O'Reilly or Medved.

So maybe I’ll make use of this time and do a weekly right-wing radio talk show report. So, you don't ever have to listen.






No comments: