Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Web Surfing, Roger Clemens And Judy Garland

(Originally posted by Jill on Dec. 18, 2007)


It all started when I went online and tried to find out more on the baseball steroid scandal, three hours later, it led me to... Judy Garland.

Here's how:

-Homepage, the Huffington Post: I couldn't find much on the baseball scandal, so I clicked on the link to my second favorite site...

-Crooks and Liars: Again not much, but I do love that they usually have daily videos of Keith Olbermann's "Worst Person in the World." I love that Bill O'Reilly usually gets the gold. So I ended up watching two weeks worth of those segments. Then I remembered wanting to visit a site that I had just heard about...

-Dickipedia: A list of ...dicks. I wondered if Bill-o was in it. He sure was: "William James 'Bill' O’Reilly, Jr. (born September 10, 1949) is an American television commentator, author, novelist, and dick." Then I saw a brand new entry and I was getting closer to my original inquiry: "William Roger Clemens (born August 4, 1962, in Dayton, Ohio) is a starting pitcher for the New York Yankees, one of the preeminent pitchers in Major League Baseball history, a steroid and human growth hormone user, and a dick."

-Google: I typed in a search for "human growth hormone." After looking deep (like 12 pages) I came up with this:

-Horsefeathers: "Let us remember that baseball is a form of entertainment, no matter what various wordsmith intellectuals like John Updike and Roger Angell may assert. Do we demand that actresses and actors not 'enhance' their bodies with plastic surgery or control their weight with amphetamines and other drugs? Did we insist that Judy Garland or Miles Davis perform only while sober and drug free?"

-Youtube: For another 20 minutes I watched clips of Judy in an old Christmas special. Did she look slightly high? I was going to click on the link to Liza, but then realized it was 2:00 AM, and I had to get up in 5 hours and do real work.
Side note: Judy Garland? I am on a Yahoo Music site, where, I guess, I should be talking about the newest bands sweeping the nation.

I am an admitted addict, an abuser of the web. And I pride myself on saying that I don't waste much time on TV. I have never watched an episode of "Friends" - even in syndication. However, I will stay up until sunrise, mindlessly surfing and perusing every one of my bookmarks.

I especially love exploring the websites and blogs of people and communities that I usually don't have much contact with — like David Icke, who believes that "reptilian humanoids are the force behind a wide world conspiracy." He contends that the Royal family, Bush, and both Clintons are such shape shifters. I, for one, actually do believe Posh Spice is one.

One of my other strange faves is Rapture Ready. It keeps me updated on the soon to be coming end times. Today, the number nine sign is... "the subprime loan crisis." Huh?

Every once in a while, I will check out Stephen Bennett's site. He, in the words of his bio, is "a man who once engaged in the sinful homosexual lifestyle. Since 1993, Stephen is happily married to his beautiful wife Irene." We have actually exchanged some emails. He didn't seem keen on giving me an interview, but was actually really nice and complimented me on my music.

I am wondering what websites (the good, the bad, the ugly) you all like to visit. Any gems out there?

Correction: I lied. I do watch a fair share of TV.

One other thing: I have my xmas CD and new Jetpack t-shirts for sale on my website. Come on!

No comments: